Sunday, September 22, 2013

Leather and Lace: Lady-Like Florals and Black



I don't even remember exactly where I got the camisole from but I've had it for years. When I first bought it, I instantly fell in love but I wasn't sure how to wear it. Cleaning out my closet at my parents' house this summer, I found it and was elated. The detail of the lace, the floral print, the shape of the top - I love it all. I also adore this skirt. It's the perfect lady-like length, with the lady-like pleats but it's got the leather waistband, which is so on-trend right now. I like the juxtaposition of the dainty floral top with the more hard black skirt. I think it's an overall interesting contrast and it lets the top be the focal point. To finish the look, I added my most beloved shoes. I got them at one of my favorite Korean thrift stores for $10! I probably would have gotten them for less if I had contained my excitement in the store. They are the perfect shoes. Y'all know my obsession with nude shoes and they are so comfortable!

Something new I tried was bold eyebrows. I can't wear eye make-up for 2 weeks because of my lasik eye surgery so I compensated with the eyebrows, a bold lip color, and glossy cheeks. 

Sorry for the terrible quality of photos, my camera has had a mind of its own lately. 

Camisole: Vintage | Skirt: Target (Goodwill) | Shoes: Thrift Store | Necklace: Gift | Ring: Clothing Swap | Earrings: Gift | Bracelet: Fit For A Queen Antiques

2 comments:

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1