Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Classic Campus Cardigan


I don't know what it is about cooler weather, but it makes me really lazy when it comes to getting dressed. I had been waiting since August to finally layer up because layers make for the most interesting outfits. But then when I add all those layers, I end up taking them off and going for something more simple. I just can't stand not being comfortable and too many shirts on at the same time are unpredictable - the button-down twisting one way and the sweater going another. 

This is yet again another outfit that I changed into at the last minute. I liked that it ended up looking a little 1970's and Victorian all at the same time. Or maybe that's just me. I think the locket looks sweet with the lace. 

I also liked being able to play with neutrals. I don't know who got it in their head that you can't wear black and brown together but I think it looks okay. With everything that "breaks the rules" as long as it looks purposeful and that you meant to wear it like that, I think you can get away it. I'm basically wearing all neutrals but white: gray, brown, tan, navy, and black. 




  
Skirt: Korean Thrift Store | Cardigan: American Eagle Outfitters | Loafers: Target | Belt: Goodwill | Necklace: Mother's 

1 comment:

  1. Omg that skirt! Perfect coffee color and the details at the hem are beautiful! I love it! Want it, actually. Hehe. I've been searching for something just like that to no avail. *sigh* Beautiful mix of earthy hues, overall!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1