Thursday, June 26, 2014

Eating, Praying and Loving in Ubud (Day 2 of Bali)

On day 2 of our Bali trip we went to Ubud and saw: the Batuan temple, the rice terraces, a deeeeeeelicious restaurant, and the monkey forest. Ubud is a magical place. It's got so much rich history and culture and it's a stunning sight to see everywhere you turn. It's tough to decide which was my favorite but it would probably have to be either our lunch (the best way to travel is through the stomach, obviously) or the monkey forest. We ate in our own personal little raised bungalow overlooking rice fields as far as the eye could see. It was so peaceful and beautiful and the green curry was the best I have ever had. I could have eaten at least 5 more bowls of it! 

I didn't have very high expectations for the monkey forest but I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were so much bigger and spectacular. I felt like I was in an Indian Jones movie; huge ancient trees, mossy old statues and cheeky monkeys running around everywhere. The monkeys were so entertaining to watch. They would jump on you and one of them keep trying to crawl up my skirt! 

This was probably my favorite outfit I wore in Bali. Stephen picked out this skirt for our 2-year anniversary (good job, boo!) I'm obsessed with summer white lately; just like with black though I like the piece to have something extra to make it interesting. The t-shirt/crop-top is this great faded soft cotton but it was way too slouchy to be flattering on me. I saw a window display a while ago that knotted all the t-shirt in the middle and thought it was brilliant! This summer, I've been doing that as an alternative instead of tucking it into high-waisted bottoms with a lot of my regular length t-shirts, too.

Hope you have been having a sensational summer as well! 






















Shirt: Zara (old) | Skirt: Street vendor, Singapore | Shoes: Cotton On (similar) | Sunglasses: H&M | Bag: Thrifted | Jewelry: Clothing swap, handmade and gifted 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1