Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mint Juleps

There are so many things I love about this outfit I don't know what I want to talk about first. Also, I should point out I almost  titled this post "I don't think you're ready for these jellies". Get it?! I gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of that. I just don't think it fits the theme of the photos. Maybe for the next time I wear the shoes! Which are these plastic slip-ons with canvas flowers on them. I love them. They are just funky and girly enough and they are PURPLE. Even better, when it rains there's no worry about ruining your shoes! Singaporeans don't even bother with rain boots; it would be way too hot! So these kind of shoes are the perfect solution. 

The blog post title I did settle on is Mint Juleps because 1) they are delicious (duh), 2) these photos remind me of Georgia front porch summer living which is my favorite thing to do in the world, 3) this outfit looks very southern lady-eqsue with a hint of Singaporean casualness and 4) I'm obsessed with the color mint at the moment! 

But let's get down to brass tax. Or rather gold. I'm wearing two of my all-time favorite necklaces. I wear them constantly when I want to feel lady-like. My $1 thrifted heart-shaped pearl necklace and my personalized Tinkerbell necklace, also heart-shaped. I mean, y'all, IT'S TINKERBELL WITH MY NAME ON IT. Do I even need to explain…? Got it at the Magic Kingdom - my first and only time going. Tink is the Disney character that my mom has bestowed upon me, in a matter of speaking. She says Tinkerbell always reminds me of her probably because her wide hips a la the belted pear. (and probably her stubborn nature as well!) 

And now on to the skirt! Sheer is here for the summer and I love how this one has the clever sheer panel at the bottom of the skirt. Who doesn't love a bit of tantalizing knee-cleavage… I bought it at Bugis St Market, which is a center of shopping MAYHEM. It's shops after shops all crammed together selling bunch of cheap but trendy clothes, shoes and accessories. Many times, I don't even mean to go there but it's like I get sucked. It's a vortex, no doubt about it. But either way, I love the finds! 

Have you purchased any perfect finds lately? I wanna hear! 
















Shirt: Cotton On | Skirt, Earrings, Sunglasses: Bugis Market | Shoes: Salvation Army | Belt: Korea | Rings: H&M and Lovisa | Bracelet: Gift | Heart Pearl Necklace: Thrifted | Tinker Bell Necklace: Disney World | Clutch/Wallet: Borneo 

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are everything.. Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with that skirt! Beautiful color pairing overall!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1