Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mona Lisa Smile

I mentioned in another blog post that I went to see the younger Mona Lisa painting at a fantastic exhibit at The Arts House in Singapore. The entire exhibit goes into meticulous detail on how the Younger Mona Lisa is a Da Vinci original. It completely convinced me and I enjoyed seeing Da Vinci's tedious process in creating a painting. The most interesting things I learned were actually about math (a subject I usually stay very very far away) One point was how Da Vinci used the Golden Ratio to create composition in his paintings. I could try to explain the other points but I think I would just end up confusing you more! Either way, it was exciting to learn the behind-the-scene of Da Vinci's mind as well as all the scientific research to further prove who created the first beautiful Mona Lisa. And then of course, it was incredible getting to see her so up close and personal! 
I just had to get a t-shirt with her iconic face on it. Every time I wear this shirt, I see strangers pointing at me and whispering "Mona Lisa" as I walk past. Even my little five-year-students get excited to see this shirt. 
I'm half way tempted to write something funny or iconic on this shirt (perhaps "I woke up like this"?) like in Fly Art 






1 comment:

  1. I love your outfit and your skirt is divine! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1